Gas Safe Week

17 September 2018

 Radius Housing Association is proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2018.

A badly fitted and/or poorly serviced gas appliance can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Taking place from 17-21 September, Gas Safety Week raises awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances.

Having a reliable and dependable boiler to provide hot water and heat is a daily essential. However, like many other things, it needs to be regularly checked and tested to make sure all components are working correctly. 

An annual boiler service can prevent potential problems, avoid unwanted disruption, ensure maximum central heating efficiency and keep energy bills to a minimum. 

Here at Radius we are committed to achieving 100% Gas Boiler Servicing within a 12month period. Our Servicing Manager Nathan Curry said ‘Boiler Servicing process begins 9 months from the previous service date, this is to allow time for our contractors to arrange access with our tenants and for Radius to take action where access is not achievable.’

Nathan’s Top Tips for Gas Safety:

Check your gas appliances every year. Gas appliances should be safety checked once a year and serviced regularly by a Gas Safe registered engineer. At Radius we will do this annually for your Gas Boiler. We ask that you work with us and ensure timely access so that appliances are serviced. 

Have you fitted a gas cooker or other appliance, ensure you get it serviced annually, ensure that your engineer is Gas Safe registered. You can find and check an engineer at www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk

Look out for warning signs and check your appliances are working correctly e.g. lazy yellow or orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.

Know the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.

Have an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home. Test it regularly. 

« Back to News