GDPR Fair Processing Notice
(How we use your personal information)
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use it. During the course of our activities we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information and is principally intended for our tenants, residents and service users or recipients.
Who are we?
Radius Housing Association, (the RHA) (registered office at 38-52 Lisburn Road, Belfast, BT9 6AA) is a registered housing association which is registered with the Department of Communities under the Housing (Northern Ireland) Order 1992 (Registration Number 1), registered as an Industrial and Provident Society (No IP169) and registered with the Charity Commission (No NIC102575).
We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted, specifically, the Data Protection Act 2018.
We are recognised as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z5683095 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer is Gillian Somerville.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to:
Director of Corporate Services
38-52 Lisburn Road
How we collect information from you and what information we collect:
We collect information about you when:
you apply for housing with us, become a tenant, request services/ repairs, enter in to a factoring agreement with ourselves howsoever arising or otherwise provide us with your personal details ;
- you apply to become a member;
- from your use of our online services, whether to report any tenancy/factor related issues, make a complaint or otherwise; For example, Radius Website, Radius Facebook and Twitter accounts;
- from your arrangements to make payment to us (such as bank details, payment card numbers, employment details, benefit entitlement and any other income and expenditure related information);
Depending on the contract we have with you, we may collect the following information about you:
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- National Insurance Number;
- Housing Reference Number;
- GP Details;
- Health & Social Care Trust contact details;
- Medical background;
- Criminal / Anti-social behavioural background;
- Income / benefits;
- Arrears background;
- Next of Kin details (name, address, relationship, contact number);
- Family Details;
- Household details;
We receive the following information from third parties:
- Benefits information, including awards of Housing Benefit/ Universal Credit
Payments made by you to us;
- Complaints or other communications regarding behaviour or other alleged breaches of the terms of your contract with us, including information obtained from the PSNI;
- Reports as to the conduct or condition of your tenancy, including references from previous tenancies, and complaints of anti-social behaviour;
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used:
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to enable us to respond to your repair request, housing application and complaints made;
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our services or supplies which may affect you;
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business;
to contact you for your views on our products and services.
Sharing of Your Information:
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by our employees within the UK. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- If we enter into a joint venture with or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners;
- If we instruct repair or maintenance works, your information may be disclosed to any contractor;
- If we are investigating a complaint, information may be disclosed the PSNI, Local Authority departments, NI Fire & Rescue Service and others involved in any complaint, whether investigating the complaint or otherwise;
- If we are updating tenancy details, your information may be disclosed to third parties (such as utility companies and Local Authority);
- If we are investigating payments made or otherwise, your information may be disclosed to payment processors, Local Authority and the Department of Work & Pensions;
- If we are conducting a survey of our products and/ or service, your information may be disclosed to third parties assisting in the compilation and analysis of the survey results;
- Radius have data sharing arrangements with third parties who process personal data on our behalf as follows:
(NIFHA, RQIA, Tunstall, ALLPAY, EPIC Solutions, Med E-Care, Boots, Forth, Ombudsman, Solicitors (where and when appropriate);
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe:
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA:
Where information is transferred outside the UK or EEA we ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your information in accordance with this notice.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
How long we will keep your information:
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
We will generally keep your information for the following minimum periods:
- Tenant / Resident / Service User files (Key information) = 6 years after termination of contract after which this will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained.
Our full retention schedule is available from the Data Protection Officer at Radius Housing.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of your we hold;
object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at:
38-52 Lisburn Road,
3-7 Redburn Square,
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Northern Ireland
14 Cromac Place,
Telephone: 028 9027 8757 / 0303 123 1114
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
The content of this Processing Notice may change periodically. We would advise you to keep up to date with the latest version which will be available on our website or in writing on request.